Back in Colorado! While it makes for bland blogging, a trip this size demands a bit of time (that has not yet elapsed) to be processed. However, I know a few things with certainty as I think back on this surreal 3 week trip (side note: it seriously feels like we were gone for 3 months).
- Some things you just can't prepare for, but you can still commit to
- If your heart (and end game) is synchronized with a partner, it doesn't matter if anything else is
- Just because we perceive things a certain way, does not solidify such as a valid reality
- Adaptation is the name of the game
- Challenges dissipate the closer you get to them (and if not, you just get to where you're going slower)
- Having a new experience is priceless
- Profound movement can be found in the simplest of scenarios
- I have so much love and respect for my dad
- If/when I do this again I will do much more research on elevation of routes
- I curse a lot when in pain
- Quick ride around the neighborhood, dad?
Said it earlier, but I/we could not have done this without Kelly's support for us AND on the home front. She took care of the house, dog and all kinds of various things on here own while we were gone. HUGE thanks to Jim for helping me build our little company that allowed me to be able to go out and do these kind of things (and supporting these little adventures). Thanks to all of you reading this ( or not reading this ) and sending texts, emails or any other form of support along the way. We really felt the love out there how ever you threw it our way!
Like I said a couple posts ago, you really can do WAY more than you think you can no what what it is you pick to do. Just get out there, make yourself vulnerable, and then push right through any walls and barriers with all you have. You'll be amazed at what you can accomplished with the mindset. Creean is now an amazing example of this. There are so many reasons for her to have just said "this is enough and it's all I have". No one would have thought any less of her had we bailed in there along the way somewhere. But she really did push her way through it all on her own will and I could not be any more proud and happier for her for making this trip a reality she gets to keep for life. So way to go Creean!
Miles - 19 (1,007 total)
Calories - 983 (48,797 total)
Time - 2:00 (113:30 total)
Total Climb - 801 feet (37,051 total)
Wake Forest NC -Raleigh NC
Too much food and too much alcohol celebrating in Raleigh
Maps ( click on the links) and map images
Various pics from the roads, neighborhoods and such in Raleigh
Last McDonalds breakfast stop
No question on where we are at
Last stop before we finally stop!
One Last turn!
Here's just all kinds of finish pictures! It was only fitting to find the George Washington statues in Raleigh as we saw these all over this trip.
Found the Monkey's Butt powder ( which we used ) at the Ugly Monkey bar